Thursday, February 5, 2015

IBM XIV Storage System support for vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVOL)

I already told you some time ago that my action radius has become a bit larger than just mainframe. So, as a technical presales I'm also covering the entire IBM System Storage spectrum. Hey, we're not that big ! Of course, I'm mainly focusing on the high end market and so XIV and e.g. Flash are likely candidates to have my full attention.

So, about a week ago I wrote about a new XIV announcement and about the support for vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVOL). And now here's a video by IBM Redbooks specifically about this. If you're even slightly interested, have a look. It not only shows the ease of use of the XIV but also what VVOLs are and how they are supported by XIV.



And as I told you last time, at RealDolmen we will have a firm focus on XIV in the coming months. So, stay tuned for more communications, news and events from our part in the near future . . .

No comments: