Friday, April 1, 2011

IBM announces System XIZ

No, no typo here. I was going to put up a post about this new revolutionary system being announced today, but my fellow Australian blogger Anthony Vandewerdt was ahead of me. What can I say : combining XIV with System z is as ingenious as it's simple. Here's a picture of it :


If you want all the information including lots of technical details, just take a look at Anthony's blog post : 'IBM stuns the IT world with new System XIZ'.

As I always say, just check it out !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a april fool hoax but you can prove me wrong.

IP said...

* A project to perform the calculations necessary for time travel (by circling around the Sun very quickly).
* A project to examine complex signals that emanated from the big bang (Project Destiny).


Priceless ^_^

Anonymous said...

Glad you appreciated the humour... and yes it WAS an April Fools Day Joke.