Thursday, April 8, 2010

DB2 User Experiences : migrating to DB2 9

This was a couple of weeks ago, but since I've been out for about a week, I only had the chance to check for these presentations this week. I know it's all very interesting to hear all the details about DB2 10, but let's face it, a lot of people are still migrating or even starting to migrate to DB2 9. Why am I telling you this ? Well, on March 25, 2010 there was a GSE DB2 working group meeting here in Belgium with 4 customers presenting their experiences. So I must say I personally find these customer experiences about their migrations even more interesting than the new stuff.

So if you're also still in the migration process, do take a look at these presentations, you'll definitely learn something from them. And don't forget to also check out the Q&A presentation where Bart Steegmans (IBM) answered some questions from the audience.

And to end with something new : you'll see in the Q&A presentation that Bart confirms that people will be able to skip DB2 9 and migrate from DB2 V8 to DB2 10. But, and I quote : "Skip versions V5 to 7, V8 to 10, don’t get used to it" !

No comments: