Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Komkommertijd ?

Well, I'm back and if you wonder what the title of this post means : I always thought the summertime was a quiet season. In Dutch we call this period 'komkommertijd', literally translated 'cucumber time'. The correct English term seems to be 'silly season'. Nothing much happens and the silliest news items, which would never stand a chance otherwise, seem to pop up, as there's nothing else happening. But apparantly not so at IBM : I've been out of the running for four weeks and the IBM announcements seem to have piled up : z/OS 1.10, z/VM 5.4, z/VSE 4.2, new DS8000 functions etc. So I'll try to give an overview in my next posts and I'll also try and catch up on some other interesting items and publications. As for now : "back to life, back to reality".

No comments: