Friday, December 22, 2006

IBM making movies

This is not really a comment on mainframe but still.
First of all I find that IBM is making very creative ads lately. I guess they have a whole department over there for this. I posted 'The Heist' earlier this year and I would like to add another one. As you see, not only creative, but sometimes funny too.



IBM didn't start yesterday with making movies. To illustrate this I found a movie from 1956 at the Prelinger Archives. Do we already find the precursor of parallel sysplex in 1956 on an IBM machine for military purposes ? The time frame was quite different then. So I surely won't be searching for any other parallels with current times. Or as one comment at the Prelinger Archives says : "(...) Ignore the usual patriotic stuff... or smile."

No comments: